(1) An officer in the airforce
(2) Someone in an official position of authority who can command or control others
(3) A commissioned naval officer who ranks above a lieutenant commander and below a captain
(4) An officer in command of a military unit
- One who exercises control and direction of a military or naval organization.
- A naval officer whose rank is above that of a lieutenant commander and below that of captain.
- One who exercises control and direction over a group of persons.
- A designation or rank in certain non-military organizations such as NASA and various police forces.