(1) Any of various acids containing boron and oxygen
(2) A white or colorless slightly acid solid that is soluble in water and ethanol; used in the manufacture of glass and paper and adhesives and in detergents and as a flux in welding; also used as an antiseptic and food preservative
- H3BO3; B(OH)3; a white crystalline solid, soluble in hot water to form a weak acid. Used as a mild antiseptic, flame retardant, insecticide and in the manufacture of borax and other borate salts.
- A hydrate of boric oxide, specifically any of the three acids orthoboric acid, metaboric acid or pyroboric acid.
- boracic acid
- E284 (when used as a preservative)
- orthoboric acid