(1) An assault in which the assailant makes physical contact
(2) The heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
"They laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"
"The shelling went on for hours without pausing"
(3) A device that produces electricity; may have several primary or secondary cells arranged in parallel or series
(4) A series of stamps operated in one mortar for crushing ores
(5) A collection of related things intended for use together
"Took a battery of achievement tests"
(6) A unit composed of the pitcher and catcher
(7) Group of guns or missile launchers operated together at one place
From , from , from , from .
- A device that produces electricity by a chemical reaction between two substances.
- The crime or tort of intentionally striking another person.
- A coordinated group of artillery.
- An array of similar things.
- Schoolchildren take a battery of standard tests to measure their progress.
- A set of small cages where hens are kept for the purpose of farming their eggs.
- The catcher and the pitcher together
- Two or more major pieces on the same rank, file, or diagonal