(1) A flight maneuver; aircraft tips laterally about its longitudinal axis (especially in turning)
"The plane went into a steep bank"
(2) A building in which the business of banking transacted
"The bank is on the corner of Nassau and Witherspoon"
(3) A container (usually with a slot in the top) for keeping money at home
"The coin bank was empty"
(4) A financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities
"He cashed a check at the bank"
"That bank holds the mortgage on my home"
(5) An arrangement of similar objects in a row or in tiers
"He operated a bank of switches"
(6) A long ridge or pile
"A huge bank of earth"
(7) Sloping land (especially the slope beside a body of water)
"They pulled the canoe up on the bank"
"He sat on the bank of the river and watched the currents"
(8) A slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
(9) The funds held by a gambling house or the dealer in some gambling games
"He tried to break the bank at Monte Carlo"
(10) A supply or stock held in reserve for future use (especially in emergencies)
(11) Have confidence or faith in
"We can trust in God"
"Rely on your friends"
"Bank on your good education"
"I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
(12) Cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning
"Bank a fire"
(13) Enclose with a bank
(14) Tip laterally
"The pilot had to bank the aircraft"
(15) Put into a bank account
"She deposits her paycheck every month"
(16) Be in the banking business
(17) Act as the banker in a game or in gambling
(18) Do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank
"Where do you bank in this town?"