(1) Exert a force on (a body) causing it to approach or prevent it from moving away
"The gravitational pull of a planet attracts other bodies"
(2) Direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes
"Her good looks attract the stares of many men"
"The ad pulled in many potential customers"
"This pianist pulls huge crowds"
"The store owner was happy that the ad drew in many new customers"
(3) Be attractive to
"The idea of a vacation appeals to me"
"The beautiful garden attracted many people"
- To pull toward without touching
- A magnet attracts iron filings.
- To arouse interest
- Advertising is designed to attract customers.
- To make someone feel sexually excited
- His big smile and brown eyes instantly attracted me.