(1) The act of abrogating; an official or legal cancellation
(2) (law) a formal termination (of a relationship or a judicial proceeding etc)
(3) The state of being cancelled or annulled
Recorded since the 15th century (sense destruction); from to annul (from annullen, from annuller, from annullare, from ad 'to' nullus 'not any, nothing' + verbal ending -are)+ -ment 'means to' (from -mentum)
- An act or instance of annulling.
- A state of having been annulled.
- An invalidation of something, especially a legal contract
- A legal (notably judicial) declaration that a marriage is invalid; the procedure leading to it.
- Total destruction.